|Main Overview Reviews Examples Theory Download Contacts Русская версия|
Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool 3.7 is a new program in the 'Palette Family'.
The main purpose of Musical Palette program is help to create melodies. The basic features are:
1. The program represents the melody in a structure that is analogue to the structure of common speech. There are words (motives), phrases, sentences. Such an approach allows a simple and effective algorithm to be applied to the composition of melodies.
2. The program implements twelve four methods of motive development. Some of them are listed here: variation; inversion; repetition; sequence and so on. These methods similar to the visual effects in graphical editors. The program suggests the 'theoretically correct' algorithm for the melody creation. The main advantage of the algorithm is: we take some existing part of a melody (motive or phrase) and apply the methods of motive development (for example, variation) to this motive of phrase to create a new motive or phrase of the melody.
3. The program knows the most commonly used triads and seventh chords of the key. The program represents the chords in a four-voice form. The names of the voices are soprano, alto, tenor and bass. Any chord has many variants of an arrangement. For example: any chord note can be placed in the first position of the arrangement. The chord notes can be arranged adjacently (tight arrangement) or remotely (wide arrangement). The user can choose both the type of the chord and the arrangement of the chord.
4. The program understands the logic of the functional motion. That is, the program knows the rules, which describe how and in what sequence the chords appear in the chord progression. On each step, the program suggests only those chords, which are suitable for the current position in the chord progression.
5. The program understands the 'voice-leading' rules. The rules define how one chord notes transform to another chord notes. The chord progressions, where these rules are used, sound very harmonious.
6. The program contains demo-scripts, which show how to use the program, and how to compose melodies.
7. The program has an option that exports the melody to a midi (*.mid) file.
The exported file consists of three tracks: melody, chords, bass. You can import
this file to any midi sequencer or style arranger to create a complete tune.